No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Last Updated: June 9, 2020
ChilliConnect, a fully owned subsidiary of Unity Technologies, offers services and websites that will be referred to in this policy as the “Service” or “Services.” In connection with the Services, ChilliConnect (also called “us” or “we” in this policy) may obtain certain information about you.
We receive information about you, your devices, and other information in two ways:
- Actively: When you actively provide us with information. For example, when you subscribe to the Service, you type in a name, username, and email address and may be required to provide a date of birth or other information.
- Passively: When our systems automatically collect information about browsers, devices, and certain activity within the Service or on the website. For example, when you utilize the Service, we may automatically collect a variety of information from your device, including device name, device characteristics, and unique identifiers (e.g., Apple IDFA and Google Android Ad ID).
Information We Collect
We collect information that you actively provide us, including:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Company/organization name
- Company/organization name and contact information
- Password(s) that you create to access parts of the Service
- Billing or financial account information and tax or government IDs, including payment information (e.g., credit card or bank account) to pay for the Services
- Information provided by you when you participate in community and forum pages on the website.
- Location information actively provided when signing up for the Services or providing payment information, such as a billing address.
We collect information passively from your use of our websites and Services, including following:
- Device information, including various unique identifiers, such as device ID, IP address, browser information, and website track data.
- Location information based on your IP address.
- Information about your use of our Services, such as including details of your visits to our websites, pages viewed, and the resources that you accessed.
How We Use the Information We Collect or Receive
Use at a Glance
We primarily use the information we collect from you or receive about you to provide, maintain, protect, and improve our websites and Services. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information you requested from us relating to our Services;
- To accept payments for our Services;
- To inform you of any changes, offers, updates or other announcements about our Services;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer support, including technical support;
- To provide information to you related to other products or services provided by us;
- To prevent fraud, enforce the relevant terms of service or licenses, and protect you and other users of our Services or websites;
- To perform analytics and research aimed at improving the accuracy, effectiveness, or overall experience of using our websites or Services;
- To monitor the usage of our websites and Services; and
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues.
Below we provide comprehensive detail of ChilliConnect’s legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described in this policy, inclusive of our legitimate interests, as required by laws of certain jurisdictions where we operate.
Providing our Services and fulfilling your requests
- To provide the Services’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account, and providing you with related customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our websites or otherwise.
- To complete your transactions.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Providing you with information of interest to you and facilitating social sharing
- To send you marketing related emails, such as information about our Services, new products, and other news about our company.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
- We will engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
Analysis of your information for business reporting and providing personalized services
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
- To better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize your information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
Accomplishing our business purposes
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For developing new products and services;
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services; or
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have your consent or a legitimate interest.
We disclose information:
- To our affiliates for the purposes described in this policy
- You can consult the list and location of our affiliates here: https://Unity3d.com/contact/addresses.
- Unity Technologies, Inc. is the party responsible for the management of jointly-used personal information.
- To our third-party service providers to facilitate services they provide to us
- These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To third parties, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices
By using the Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Information
On message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
Other uses and disclosures
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law and regulations. This can include laws outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities. This may include responding to a request or to provide information we believe is important. These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement. For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders or provide information we believe is important.
- For other legal reasons. For example, we may need to enforce our terms and conditions or licenses, or protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction. We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your information to a third-party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
We may share the information we collect or receive with the following in the circumstances detailed below:
- Third-Party Service Providers. We use trusted third-party service providers, consultants, and other agents to help us provide, maintain, protect, and improve our Services. For example, we may employ service providers to process payments, host or store our data, deliver email messages, or analyze data. Safety, security, and legal compliance. We may share your information:
- When we have a good-faith belief that we are required to disclose the information in response to legal process (e.g., in response to a court order, search warrant, subpoena, or similar legal process);
- To satisfy any applicable laws or regulations;
- If we believe that the Service is being used in the commission of a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to exchange information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- When we have a good faith belief that there is a meaningful risk that poses a threat to the safety of you, another person or the public generally; and
- In order to protect the rights or property of ChilliConnect, including to enforce the terms and licenses that govern the use of the Services.
- Sale or merger. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or asset sale, we may share or transfer all of your information, including personal information.
- Consent. We may share your information if you direct us to do so or you specifically consent to such sharing.
- De-identified and/or aggregated information. Some of the information we collect does not directly identify you or your device. We may modify other information that can identify you or your device to limit or prevent such identification by de-identifying it or aggregating it. We can share de-identified and/or aggregated information with any third party without restriction and use it for any purpose.
Our Policies Concerning Children
Our websites and Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 13, or under the age of 16 for those parties in the European Economic Area (“Children”). ChilliConnect does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact DPO@Unity3d.com. If we become aware that we have collected information from Children without verifiable verification of parental consent, we will take steps to delete that information from our databases and servers.
- Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Information
ChilliConnect aims to take all reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal information and data. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal information and data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please send any requests or questions to DPO@Unity3d.com.
- Your Choices About ChilliConnect’s Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
- You always have the option to refrain from using the Service or to discontinue using the Service if you do not want personal information collected about you.
- You can access, update, and delete your personal information as described in Section 6: Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Information.
- You can opt-out of communications like email, by following the instructions in any marketing message you receive. However,
- We reserve the right to send a message confirming your opt-out, whether it applies to email or SMS messages; and
- If you opt-out you may still receive administrative, relationship, or transactional messages (e.g., we might send a notice about changes to our Terms of Service or changes to the functionality of our Service).
- We use Google Analytics to understand how our sites are used and to improve experiences within the Service. If you want to know more about how Google Analytics works or to exercise choice in regard to the data collected by it, please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Google, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-On. Please note that we can use our own logging and tracking to understand use of our sites that do not make use of Google Analytics, and your use of their browser add-on will not impact that tracking.
Transfer and Storage of Your Personal Information
- Transfers Out of Country
ChilliConnect has implemented and maintains a framework consistent with applicable law for transfers of data outside of the country of collection, including for transfers out of the EEA.
Your personal information may be transferred to and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By using the Services, you understand that your personal information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE EEA: Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en). For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting DPO@Unity3d.com.
- Storage of Your Personal Information
We employ a variety of measures to safeguard the collection, transmission, and storage of the personal information we collect. These measures vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process, and store, and the current state of technology. Please note that no system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to employ reasonable protections for your information that are appropriate to its sensitivity, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of the information you share with us and we cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is reasonably apparent that personal information stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
California Privacy Rights
- A right to transparent notice about the collection of your personal information;
- A right to know what personal information ChilliConnect holds about you, including where we obtain it and the categories of third parties with whom we share it;
- A right to request deletion of personal information in certain circumstances;
- A right to opt-out of sales of personal information;
- An ability to appoint a third-party representative to assist you with exercising your rights; and
- A right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights.
- Please note that ChilliConnect does not discriminate in its provision of Services to you based on exercising your rights.
- Your requests to delete personal information is limited to that personal information which ChilliConnect is not allowed to retain under the CCPA. ChilliConnect may retain data for certain purposes, including completing transactions for you or reasonably related to completing transactions for you, detecting security incidents, illegal activity and fraud, maintaining our systems, complying with applicable law and legal obligations, engaging in public or peer reviewed research provided we comply with applicable ethics and privacy laws related to such research, or enabling solely internal purposes such as financial recordkeeping.
- You may ask a third-party representative to assist you in exercising your rights. Third parties may write to DPO@Unity3d.com to provide documentation of their right to act on your behalf. You may also send data reports obtained through your account directly to your representative. You need only to provide their email or mailing address instead of your own when ordering. For third-party representatives writing in on behalf of ChilliConnect customers, please provide the name and any signed documentation you may have to act on behalf of the customer, or you may ask the customer to write to us from their account email to provide us permission to transact with you directly. ChilliConnect reserves the right to take reasonable steps to verify the authenticity of identities and authorizations in compliance with applicable laws prior to making any disclosures.
- Sharing with third parties for direct marketing purposes. California residents have the right to request the identity of any third parties to whom the resident’s personal information was shared, if such sharing was to enable the third-party’s direct marketing efforts. If you are a California resident and wish to make such a request, please submit your request to DPO@Unity3d.com OR to opt-out of having your personal information shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please email us at DPO@Unity3d.com.
Links to Sites and Services Operated by Others
- Unity Technologies, 30 3rd Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 (United States contact)
- Unity Technologies Finland OY, Kaivokatu 8 B, 00100 Helsinki, Finland (European Union contact)
What are Cookies?
Cookies are pieces of data that sites and services you use or visit can set on your browser or device and they can typically be read on future visits to learn more about the user and to personalize an experience, including advertisements that are displayed to the user. “Cookies” is also a term that may be used to refer to a range of technologies that help an operator identify users and devices, which in turn can help personalize an experience, prevent fraud, store preferences, and speed up delivery of content.
ChilliConnect may employ cookies and related technologies described below for a variety of purposes, including:
- To learn more about how our products and Services are used and similar analytical purposes;
- To understand how to improve performance;
- To prevent fraud;
- To customize our products and Services with more relevant content; and
- To provide you with more relevant advertising.
For example, we might use a web beacon to learn whether an email message was opened or we might store preferences in a Flash cookie (see below for more information).
What types of cookies and other technologies does ChilliConnect use?
Generally, our cookies fall into the following categories listed below with some examples of the uses for each category:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
Below is more information about the specific technology ChilliConnect may employ for the above purposes.
- Browser Cookies: ChilliConnect uses browser cookies. Most major browser companies offer tools or settings for Users who do not want cookies set or read on their devices. Please visit your browser’s settings or privacy settings pages.
- Local Shared Objects: ChilliConnect may use local shared objects (also known as Flash cookies) on its sites. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage Flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe Flash Player website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
- Beacons, Pixel Tags, Clear GIFs: ChilliConnect or its service providers or third parties advertising within the Service may use these technologies to learn the online behavior and interests of Users and to personalize ads that Users see. To learn more about behavioral advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) here: NAI website.
- Device IDs and Digital Fingerprinting: The Service may use one or more of a variety of unique identifiers to recognize users and their devices, including MAC address, IDFA, Android Ad ID, and digital fingerprint, which may be comprised of several types of data, including device name, the app list or applications installed on the device, and browser characteristics.
Note that ChilliConnect may also generate and assign a user ID when you access or use one of its Services.
What are my privacy choices for advertising?
Advertising helps to defray certain costs of providing Services, especially costs that are incurred by ChilliConnect but not recovered from Users. Thus, you may not have a choice to prevent advertisements from being presented when using the Services; however, you do have choices to limit personalized advertisements that are tailored to your interests.
ChilliConnect is implementing a cookie management tool for its website to be deployed in 2020. In addition, you may also be able to control targeting as you browse the web through browser settings and other mechanisms. If you do not wish to receive personalized advertising that is delivered by third parties, you may be able to exercise that choice through opt-out programs that are administered by third parties, including the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), and/or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EIDAA). Where applicable, you may exercise your opt-out choices at the NAI website, the DAA website , or the EIDAA website. ChilliConnect does not control these third-party-provided opt-out processes and is not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
On its website and in its direct marketing efforts for its services, ChilliConnect uses Google, among others, to provide advertising through the Services and on third-party websites. We may use the following features based on Google Analytics for Display Advertising: Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. To opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page.
More choices regarding browser cookies and beacons and other tracking technologies
Information and choices regarding tracking and targeting on mobile devices
- As of the effective date of this policy, Apple and Google offered the owners of devices that use their operating systems (iOS and Android) with options for limiting tracking and targeting in relation to ads. ChilliConnect does not control your device-level opt-out processes and is not responsible for any choices you make through such a mechanism or for the continued availability, accuracy, effectiveness, or location of that mechanism. Using a device-level opt-out mechanism may opt you out of all third-party personalized advertisements, not just those delivered by ChilliConnect.
- If you use an Apple device, go here.
- If you use an Android device, navigate to the Google Settings page, select Ads and then choose to reset your Android Ad ID or opt-out of personalized ads.
- To learn about options for many mobile ad networks, go here.