No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Last Updated: June 9, 2020
What are cookies?
Cookies are pieces of data that sites and services you use or visit can set on your browser or device and they can typically be read on future visits to learn more about the User and to personalize an experience, including the ads that are displayed to the User. "Cookies" is also a term that may be used to refer to a range of technologies that help an operator identify Users and devices, which in turn can help personalize an experience, prevent fraud, store preferences, and speed up delivery of content.
ChilliConnect may employ cookies and related technologies described below for a variety of purposes, including:
- To learn more about how our products and Services are used and similar analytical purposes;
- To understand how to improve performance;
- To prevent fraud;
- To customize our products and Services with more relevant content; and
- To provide you with more relevant advertising.
For example, we might use a web beacon to learn whether an email message was opened or we might store preferences in a Flash cookie (see below for more information).
What types of cookies and other technologies does Unity use?
Generally, our cookies fall into the following categories listed below with some examples of the uses for each category:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
Below is more information about the specific technology ChilliConnect may employ for the above purposes.
- Browser Cookies: ChilliConnect uses browser cookies. Most major browser companies offer tools or settings for Users who do not want cookies set or read on their devices. Please visit your browser’s settings or privacy settings pages.
- Local Shared Objects: ChilliConnect may use local shared objects (also known as Flash cookies) on its sites. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage Flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe Flash Player website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
- Beacons, Pixel Tags, Clear GIFs: ChilliConnect or its service providers or third parties advertising within the Service may use these technologies to learn the online behavior and interests of Users and to personalize ads that Users see. To learn more about behavioral advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) here: NAI website.
- Device IDs and Digital Fingerprinting: The Service may use one or more of a variety of unique identifiers to recognize users and their devices, including MAC address, IDFA, Android Ad ID, and digital fingerprint, which may be comprised of several types of data, including device name, the app list or applications installed on the device, and browser characteristics.
Note that ChilliConnect may also generate and assign a user ID when you access or use one of its Services.
What are my privacy choices for advertising?
Advertising helps to defray certain costs of providing Services, especially costs that are incurred by ChilliConnect but not recovered from Users. Thus, you may not have a choice to prevent advertisements from being presented when using the Services; however, you do have choices to limit personalized advertisements that are tailored to your interests.
ChilliConnect is implementing a cookie management tool for its website to be deployed in 2020. In addition, you may also be able to control targeting as you browse the web through browser settings and other mechanisms. If you do not wish to receive personalized advertising that is delivered by third parties, you may be able to exercise that choice through opt-out programs that are administered by third parties, including the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), and/or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EIDAA). Where applicable, you may exercise your opt-out choices at the NAI website, the DAA website , or the EIDAA website. ChilliConnect does not control these third-party-provided opt-out processes and is not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
On its website and in its direct marketing efforts for its services, ChilliConnect uses Google, among others, to provide advertising through the Services and on third-party websites. We may use the following features based on Google Analytics for Display Advertising: Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. To opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page.
More choices regarding browser cookies and beacons and other tracking technologies
Information and choices regarding tracking and targeting on mobile devices
- As of the effective date of this policy, Apple and Google offered the owners of devices that use their operating systems (iOS and Android) with options for limiting tracking and targeting in relation to ads. ChilliConnect does not control your device-level opt-out processes and is not responsible for any choices you make through such a mechanism or for the continued availability, accuracy, effectiveness, or location of that mechanism. Using a device-level opt-out mechanism may opt you out of all third-party personalized advertisements, not just those delivered by ChilliConnect.
- If you use an Apple device, go here.
- If you use an Android device, navigate to the Google Settings page, select Ads and then choose to reset your Android Ad ID or opt-out of personalized ads.
- To learn about options for many mobile ad networks, go here.